I found this recipe through one of my favorite sites… pinterest of course, the link to the original recipe is HERE
These muffins are so fluffy and sweet, and super easy to make! I whipped a batch up in the morning and they were ready in time for when my house guests woke up 🙂 Excellent breakfast!
Ok! So let’s get started.
Preheat your oven y’all. 400º
Here are your ingredients:
Sugar, Flour, Oil, Salt, Baking Powder, Eggs, Greek Yogurt, and Chocolate Chips (Not in picture)
Start by taking a medium bowl, mix together 2 cups of flour, 1 cup of white sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, and 2 tsp baking powder.
Than make a well in your dry ingredient mixture, and set aside.
Grab another bowl and get ready to mix your wet ingredients:
add 1/3 cup vegetable oil, 2 eggs, and 2/3 cup Greek yogurt and whisk to combine.
Pour wet mixture into the well in your dry ingredients.
Than mix your wet & dry ingredients together, only until combined. After that, add your chocolate chips by folding them in (my favorite tool is a good ol’ wooden spoon)
Next step: Take your muffin tins, place muffin cups in each spot, and than fill about 3/4 full with the batter
Now you are ready to put them in the oven 🙂
Set your timer for 20 mins, and when they are done test with a tooth pick to make sure the batter is cooked all the way through.
Than you can pull them out and cool them on a cooling rack.
Enjoy your delicious muffins friends! (They are soo good when still warm) Let me know what you think 🙂
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted or otherwise aerated (see my note below)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line muffin cups with muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, white sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate large bowl, add vegetable oil, 2 eggs, and Greek yogurt and whisk to combine.
- Add flour mixture from step 2 to the liquid mixture in step 3 and mix just enough to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips into the batter from step 4.
- Fill muffin cups with the muffin batter about 3/4 full. Bake for about 20 minutes in the oven, or until toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
credit to: http://juliasalbum.com/2013/09/greek-yogurt-chocolate-chip-muffins-recipe/